Many people will seek the help of China sourcing agents when sourcing products from China, and these people have realized that sourcing companies can help them save worry, effort and money. It is important to note the vast majority of buyers who have just started contacting sourcing agents only pay attention to the price of the product. Few people will take the initiative to ask sourcing services companies about what does a sourcing agent do, what responsibilities the sourcing agent will assume and the specific sourcing processes.
Some beginners assume that the main difference between different product sourcing companies is price. In fact, there are thousands of purchasing agents in China. Each sourcing company has its own strengths and weaknesses, and while the core tasks are similar, the specific details of each sourcing company vary greatly. In today’s article, we provide a significant number of the tasks and responsibilities of the purchasing agent as well as the workflow Our goal is to leave you without any assumptions. You will know exactly what a sourcing agent can and cannot do for you.
We will cover the following:
- Buyer needs analysis;
- Supplier selection process;
- Design product prototypes and collect samples;
- Assist in negotiations;
- Make a quotation;
- Enter into contracts and agreements;
- Follow up the production progress;
- Product packaging and labeling;
- Assist in quality control;
- Warehousing Services;
- Arrange the transportation of goods;
- Assist in customs clearance in the destination country;
- Solve problems when they arise;